Thursday 26 March 2009

Shut the *@#! up

KMT legislators Lo Shu-lei (羅淑蕾) and Lin Ming-chen (林明溱) said the bureau no longer has any grounds to charge motorists for using the freeways. The bureau has collected approximately NT$312 billion from users of Freeway No. 1 since the 1970s, which was about twice as much as it cost to build.

Just a shame that's not the only cost. In addition to damage to buildings and health through vehicular emission, not to mention climate change (or are we still pretending not to believe in that?), there is also my sanity to be considered.
I live several hundred metres from a highway, yet the noise of cars passing means i must shut all my windows and doors on that side of my house if i want to talk, listen, think, sleep ... stay sane.
That's at least another NT$312 billion worth. I vote to keep charging.
Shit, there i was dreaming i had a say in the matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment