Monday 6 April 2009

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh


Riding my bike on Taiwan's bike paths, I've been hit by motorbikes, my bike has been hit by motorbikes, even my dog has been hit by motorbikes, but today was the first time a motorcyclist has intentionally rammed me. All i did was point out that this was a bike path and he was riding a scooter. Politely. In Mandarin. (Incidentally, there was a road one meter to the left.)
Of course by the time i got my camera out (as the government recommends we do to report violators) he was long gone.
In any case, if i'd met him in court he'd have probably won: he could have sued me for using foul language.
Just like when i had betel nut juice spat onto me by the driver of a passing truck, and when i got in front of the truck and stopped it to solicit some kind of apology/pay off, the police threatened to prosecute me for impeding traffic.
I am fed up screaming "Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh", it's time to do something more effective.
Together.
(Does anyone know if Critical Mass Taipei is still active?)
Oh, it seems it is (if not "still" then "again").
Ok, see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment